Corporation Tax (Limited Companies, Clubs & Associations)
The UK operates a compliance based Self Assessment taxation system.
This means that the tax payer is required to submit returns detailing their income and deductions by specific filing dates. Failure to submit returns and pay taxes owed by statutory due dates will result in fines and penalties being levied.
In addition to returns notifications, claims and elections made by the tax-payer must also be submitted within time limits in order to be considered.
The complexity of the current UK taxation system, and the ever changing state of tax case law often means that expert advice is vital in meeting your tax obligations.
James Walsh Accountant Limited can assist companies and clubs and associations with their filing and statutory obligations. Such assistance may include:
- Registration with HM Revenue and Customs of the liability to taxation
- Preparation of Form CT600 Corporation Tax Self Assessment Tax Return (including any relevant supplementary pages)
- Preparation of trading accounts
- Loss claims and elections
- Advice on the treatment of specific transactions
- Advice on employment status (i.e. IR35, MSC’s, employed verse self-employed etc)
- Advise on residency issues for UK taxation
- Assistance with self assessment enquiries and investigations by HM Revenue and Customs
- Tax repayment claims
- Other tax matters as they arise